The Ombudsperson can assist with child support services by explaining your rights and responsibilities, helping to resolve issues with your case, explaining the Complaint Resolution Process, and helping request and prepare for a State Hearing that results from the Complaint Resolution Process.
If you have a complaint against any Local Child Support Agency (LCSA) for any action or inaction:
- And your request for complaint resolution is made within 90 days from the date you knew or should have known about the subject of your complaint,
- And you have already spoken to a Customer Service Representative, your caseworker, or a Supervisor,
- And you are not satisfied with the results.
You may contact the Ombudsperson Unit at (916) 875-7320 or Email
Ombuds Team@Saccounty.net. You may also make a complaint in writing by completing and submitting a
Request for Complaint Resolution Form, or by calling the LCSA directly at (866) 901-3212.
State Hearing Process
You have a right to a State Hearing if you have gone through the Complaint Resolution Process and you are not satisfied with LCSA's written response to your complaint:
Your request for a State Hearing must be made within 90 days of the date you received the LCSA's written decision to your complaint.
If the local child support agency does not respond to your complaint in writing, you must request a State Hearing with 90 days from the date of your complaint to the LCSA
You may contact the Ombudsperson Unit at (916) 875-7320 or Email Ombuds Team@Saccounty.net . You may also request a State Hearing by completing and submitting a
Request for State Hearing Form to the State Hearing Office, by calling the State Hearing Office toll free at (866) 289-4714 or by calling the LCSA directly at (866) 901-3212.
- Child Support issues requiring a motion, order to show cause, or appeal in court
- A review of any court order for child support or child support arrears
- A court order or equivalent determination of paternity
- A court order for spousal support
- Child custody or visitation determination
- Complaints of alleged discourteous treatment by a local child support agency employee, unless such conduct resulted in a hearable action or inaction.